Monday, July 26, 2021

Staying in the Pattern.

I wouldn't have been able to do this before the exhaust wrap was installed. It was about 90F, 65% humidity with light winds. I had to wait in the runup area for the oil temperature to come up. There was a 'Gyro doing touch and goes and a Gulfstream reported a 3-mile base for runway 05. An almost unintelligible student reported 10 miles north (I think). I took off after the Gulfstream cleared the runway and followed behind the Auto-Gyro. I stayed wide and deep giving him plenty of room. The final was a bit long but I nailed it just the same.

The 'Gyro departed and another Cessna entered behind me with a teardrop entry. The next landing was beautiful, almost rolled it on. The next one was a go-around, high and fast. I would grade the last 3 as above average.

The flight lasted less than an hour. What a great vacation.

Back in the hangar.




No comments:

Post a Comment