Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Local Stuff

I decided to take advantage of the sunny weather and headed out to the airport. AIRMET called for moderate turbulence until 10:00PM, but the winds had been trending down and I figured after the convection heating of the afternoon  was done it should smooth out a bit.

Normal preflight, but strange indication after start. I got a DSAB bus failure. I rechecked everything while the oil was warming, including a configuration reset but still got a failure. I took the extra step of turning everything off (including the Master) and then activated the switches one at a time. Everything looked good until I turned the Landing Light on, then DSAB failure again. Landing Light? Doesn't make any sense to me. I also learned that if had the Autopilot switch off, the HS34 worked fine. So with both the Landing Light and the Autopilot on I get a bus failure.

It was a daylight flight in the local area, so since I didn't really need either one I went out to enjoy the airplane. I tried it in the air a couple of times (did not turn off the Master though) with the same result. Strange.

The picture was taken with my cell phone.  I've been using Eye-Fi with my new camera, and the mobile app allows me to upload my phone pictures using the same wireless connection. Neat technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment