Monday, October 26, 2020

Low Approach



Another beautiful Saturday to fly. This time
I didn't feel quite so alone. As I taxied from the hangar an executive was on final to land and as I approached the run up area a trike was landing on RWY05. (Caution Wake Turbulence!) 

We departed the pattern and headed south keeping east of I75 to stay clear of the Tampa Class B. It was a little choppy at 1000' but  Sally and I enjoyed the view. I dialed in 48x and made our initial call. The weather advisory called winds out of the east at 10G16. We were the only ones in the pattern.

Instead of passenger jets and miles of tarmac, Airport Manatee has a turf runway and an assortment of taildragger aircraft.

It's home to an eclectic mix of antique, modern and experimental aircraft, where flight instruction, fuel sales, airplane repairs and restoration, and hangar rentals are available.

Airport manager Tom Reeder calls its a grassroots, blue-collar airport. Information here

It was a fun flight.



No comments:

Post a Comment