- Day trips and the $100 Hamburger. There are many attractions in the local area that we would like to visit. We both love the beach, but the traffic to and from is simply horrible. Museums,craft shows, occasional sporting events and the brief but important get-away are all on our list.
- Weekend trips and mini-vacations are also important. The ability leave the 'world' behind for just a bit and experience life as a tourist.
- Trips to see the kids. One is 2.5 hours (no traffic) away, the other is about 13 hours (no construction) away. Traffic and construction are givens in today's world.
- The 'big events' are something I've always wanted to see. Oshkosh (of course), and Sebring, Sun 'n Fun and AOPA events are all on the list.
- Touch and Go's and the peaceful evening solo flights have always been something I cherish. That hour or so alone, just 'doin' my thing' is just simply priceless to me. I enjoy fling at night.
- The ability to share this freedom with others.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Why do I want to do this?
Once I realized that my current way of flying was unsustainable, I started thinking about what I could do to keep flying. It made me define what I really wanted to do as a pilot:
Posted by Pilot at 12:15 PM