Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Realization

I had just completed a BFR in a Technically Advanced Aircraft and decided to take my bride for a ride. She was not impressed. While I was still in awe of the wonderful new toys, she felt restricted with the heavy airbag encased harness, the lack of adequate airflow and he inability to completely understand my enthusiasm. I thought this would be 'the next step' to get us really involved in General Aviation but to her, this was just another airplane.

It was just another expensive airplane. Our hour long trip around the local area cost over $200. If we wanted to take mini-vacations to the beach or New England attractions the cost of flying would put flying out of our financial reach. As my chief money manager she wasn't buying it and without her support we weren't going flying.

I needed another plan

No comments:

Post a Comment