Last weekend we did get over to Wings Field (LOM) for the Fly-B-Que. A very nice group of people from far and wide (a mere 20 min hop for us). Proceeds go to benefit Angel Flight East. 4PS got some attention and we were VERY proud to show her off.
The lead video is from a "local familiarization" flight yesterday. After putting 10 gallons in ($41), I made a quick flight down to N47. Then I traveled east for awhile, just checking out a variety of Private/Restricted fields depicted on the GPS. It was fun just to be free...
Some activity on the airplane:
- Installed cup holders behind each seat. I love that sip of coffee after the flaps come up.
- A friend posted a picture of a headset storage rail. This looks very interesting and will be investigated.
- I'm working of the auxillary air scoops and should have them painted and installed this week.
- I took both upper and lower cowls off to see if anything remained from the birds nests. I think that problem is resolved.
- I found that my 'landing light ground wire' was actually a broken (#2) cylinder head temperature probe. Not sure why this failed, but on my list of inquiries.
- Landing light is still a problem, an intermittent one. I plan to hold off on that until the new Night Lighting Package is available. (Seems to be "soon".) I'll work with Harry to trouble shoot that and get the new package installed at the same time.
- I need to update the checklist again. It doesn't make sense to 'raise flaps' on the Take Off list. I need to add a "Climb" portion prior to cruise. A few other changes as well.